We first launched a specialty category, cassava powder. This superfood can be reconstructed with water to make fufu, a staple African cuisine.
- Cassava is gluten-free, nut-free, and grain-free, making it a great substitute to wheat.
- Compared to other wheat substitutes like almond and coconut, it is the most similar in taste to wheat-based options.
- It is paleo-friendly, with important properties like improved glucose tolerance, better blood pressure control, better appetite management, and lower triglycerides.
- It has been described by the Huffington post as a “hidden” superfood and by the United Nations as “the food of the 21st century.”
Despite cassava’s incredible health benefits, the tuber spoils 3 days after harvest, with over 40% of the global annual harvest lost on average. Consequently,
- A majority of the 20 million cassava farmers in the world today, 75% of whom are women, live on under a dollar a day per capita income.
- Globally, 93 million tons of spoilage are recorded annually, the equivalence of 235 million tons of CO2 emissions.
At CassVita, we have invented a breakthrough technology for increasing the shelf-life of cassava from 3 days to 18 months.
This enables us to offer a healthier, better-tasting wheat alternative, in a sustainable way.
A Family From The Roots
Farmers in network (95% women)
+ 400 %
– 240 tons
CO2 emissions annually
Cameroonian youth upskilled
We’re very close to thrilling you with first-of-its-kind gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free flour. Our cassava flour’s fine texture will allow you to express your inner creative soul while its mildly nutty flavor will satisfy your taste buds.
Thoughts From Experts
Our Trusted partners
CASSVITA IS MAKING WAVES
We have been featured in Harvard News, MIT News, the New York Times, to name a few.