CassVita Crepe Recipe
Using CassVita flour for crepes. We will together, make some yummy gluten-free crepes and get the most out of cassava, keeping a healthy living.
- rubber spatula
- 3 medium eggs room temperature
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup CassVita flour
- 2 cup milk of your choice, divided (plus more as needed)
- additional butter for frying
- Combine all ingredients using only 1 cup of milk in a blender and blend for 1 minute or until thoroughly combined
- Add remaining milk and blend for another 30 seconds
- Strain the batter through a sieve to remove clumps of flour, use a rubber spatula to help the batter run through the sieve.
- Heat a lightly buttered stainless steel over medium heat
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and tilt it with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly
- Cook the crêpe for about a minute, until the bottom is light brown and can easily be loosened with a thin metal spatula.
- Turn the crêpe and cook the other side
Cassava is a root vegetable that serves as a valuable source of nutrition for more than 500 million people living in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Its gluten-free and paleo-friendly properties make it of enormous global importance.